Friday, April 11, 2008

-All I Ever Needed To Know...-

As I see it, people fall into one of two categories when it comes to how they perceive obstacles.

They either focus on the problem itself, or they focus on the possible solutions to the problem.

Which do you think is the better way to handle things?

Think back to the basic math you learned way back in the day.

2 + 2 = ?

When you were given a math problem, you weren’t expected to just sit there and stare at it…you were expected to SOLVE it!

As the saying goes, “all I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten.”

Rings true, doesn’t it?

Staring an obstacle in the face doesn’t do you any good if you just sit there!

When I meet a client for the first time, we sit down and discuss their goals and health history. I like to know what they perceive to be the biggest obstacles to their success. Once I have a better idea about this, I can form solutions to help them get past these obstacles.

See? It’s just like a math problem!

Once someone knows of the possible solutions, those obstacles don’t seem so big!

:)

No comments: