Wednesday, November 12, 2008

-ONLINE TRAINING?-

I use the internet to interact with my clients, just as i'm sure most trainers do. I also email workouts to a few clients regularly. I just make Word documents with pictures of myself performing the exercises, etc. For some people, this works. For most, it doesn't, simply because most clients NEED the one-on-one interaction with their trainer. Almost a year ago, I decided i'd give the "online training" thing a whirl and signed up with a website called TrainerForce. Bad idea. I found the setup to be extremely lengthy, the exercise pictures were embarrassing, and the overall experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Lesson learned. Bottom line - online training has it's place, but there's no way it will ever take the place of the heart of personal training - HEART. If a fitness professional is passionate and loves what they do, it's easily reflected in their work and the results their clients get. Trainers are a dime a dozen...good trainers are less prevalent...and exemplary trainers are few and far between. Most often those taking the "shortcuts" to "get rich" and "get more clients" are those who shouldn't be in the profession. I'm not going to stay on my soapbox longer than necessary. :) END OF RANT...I really am in a great mood!

No comments: